A lot of clients that use our corporate black car and town car services from SeaTac ask us, “How can I find the best cigar shops in Seattle, Washington?” Since we get asked this question multiple times during the week, we decided to write about it. Are you one of those ladies or gentlemen that are looking for the best cigar stores in the Seattle area? Then read on.
First off, there’s no way possible to include every single, amazing cigar shop in Seattle, so for those businesses that we didn’t include, please accept our apologies in advance. Most of the boutique cigar shops that we’re going to mention are rather close in proximity to SeaTac (Seattle airport), a factor that’s very important to most people visiting Seattle, and even those that make beautiful Seattle their home. Most cigar aficionados know that the city center is where most of the action is, and have gotten used to the fact that most premium cigar shops are located in and around the downtown area.
How We Define The “Best Cigar Shops in Seattle”
In our world, a “cigar shop” is chocked full of premium, long-filler tobacco cigars and high-end cigar accessories like butane lighters, humidors, and pipes. We’re not saying that you can’t have an amazing cigar shop without these items, but these are the basics. Other cigars that might be lower-grade tobacco, but still considered quality, are also present in our ideal cigar stores. That might include lower-end fillers or binders that offer a lower price point for consumers but are still good and manufactured in some of the more well-known factories in the Dominican Republic, or Nicaragua.
We also appreciate another set of standards and that revolves around the more nuanced factors like the local community patrons of men and women, an email newsletter that keeps customers engaged in events, and customer service. A certified tobacconist is not required in our idea of the best cigar shops in Seattle, but it certainly adds value. There’s a growing trend, especially among millennials, to desire and purchase some extremely bizarre smoking blends (flavored cigars), CBD oils, kratom, bongs, and other “on-trend” smoking delights. But be aware, this is not our idea of a “great cigar shop”.
We’re not reviewing those cigar stores in Seattle
We’re talking about traditional, authentic cigar shops in Seattle that are geared towards the smoking professionals. Long term and passionate smokers that care about luxury more than they do about “the next coolest thing”.
So to recap our criteria for reviewing the top 3 cigar shops in Seattle:
- Must be an authentic cigar shop (with about 80% of merchandise and products geared towards aficionados)
- Proximity to the Seattle-Tocamona International Airport (SeaTac)
- Local patron love, and community support built around customer support and knowledgeable staff
Now, on to the reviews, and for what you came for.
#1) Top Cigar Shop in Seattle: Rain City Cigars
Rain City Cigars has one of the most loyal fan-bases in all of Seattle. Their well-established business has been operating for decades and they boast a very well-stocked humidor with brands like Fuente Fuente Opus X, Padron 1964 & 1926 Aniversario, Diamond Crown Maximus, Ashton VSG & ESG, Graycliff, Partagas 160, Jose Seijas, and Liga Privada. If that’s not enough to entice you, we don’t know what is.
- A very small cigar shop in square feet but has a great vibe and cozy feel
- Very knowledgable staff that’s always appreciated by locals and people visiting the Seattle area. Just read their reviews online and it’s easy to tell why so many people keep coming back.
- Free parking (that’s HUGE in Seattle)
- They seem to always get new sticks.
- They’re members of the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPRA)
- Members of The Tobacconists’ Association of America, Ltd. – Established in 1968
- They have a 4.8-star review from 55 total reviews from Google My Business
- Rain City Cigar’s proximity to the airport is 13 minutes from Seattle-Tacoma Airport (or about 8.9 miles)
- Part of Cigar Association of Washington
#2 Best Cigar Store in Seattle, WA: Union Cigar Society
One huge reason why this is considered one of the best cigar shops in Seattle is their appreciation and selection of other boutique cigars. According to their own website, they “carry a wide range of boutique brands such as Tatuaje, Illusione, and Warped as well as Padron, Ashton, and Fuente.” This is a huge plus when you’re looking to expand your pallet and find things that you won’t normally find at your typical cigar store.
- They have a great local following. Their patrons support them and regularly visit this cigar shop.
- They’re close to the water. And when we say close, we mean like you can throw a rock into the ocean. This provides a great beach atmosphere to this cigar shop.
- Union Cigar Society has great reviews on Google. They’ve got 4.8 stars out of 38 reviews on Google My Business (GMB).
- This premium tobacco establishment also has a great presence on Yelp. It highlights many people who love and appreciate the customer service that these gentlemen and ladies provide.
- UCS has awesome events. They frequently have holiday celebrations where people come together and celebrate occasions together. If fact, this is one of the main reasons why we put them in second place.
#3 Best Overall Premium Tobacco Store in Seattle: International Cigar and Tobacco
There’s probably going to be some serious cigar smokers that know the Seattle area which will revolt around our number three spot in our top 3 best cigar shops in Seattle but alas, we must include this one. It’s a popular destination for anyone directly inside the downtown area. It’s a bitch to drive to, but a breeze if you’re on foot. Don’t expect to arrive at this cigar store easily. It’s buried deep in downtown but everyone knows it, and the locals seem to flock there. If you’re in a pinch and you need a stick after you’ve closed that deal earlier, this is your jam.
- This cigar shop is small but deep. If you can wind your way past the cell phones for sale and the lottery tickets, you’re in for a treat.
- Located in the city center. Again, this is the main reason why this one won the number three spot in our countdown.
- It’s got a good reputation of Google My Business (Google Maps). After all, a 4.0 rating out of 26 reviews isn’t bad, is it?
- There have been some issues before with customer service and various other complaints. I mean, just read some of the comments from the owner when they’re replying to the GMB reviews. One comment from the owner states, “Kind words do not cost much. In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.” Read more about this Seattle cigar shop review here. Now if that’s not weird, we don’t know what is.
- It’s only 20 minutes from SeaTac airport.
That about sums it up, boys and girls. Next time you’re in The Emerald City and looking for tobacco stores in town, make sure to check out our top 3 best cigar shops in Seattle.